Monday, September 30, 2013

A TESTIMONIAL

WHAT I'VE LEARNED

Now that I have completed The Daniel Fast, I want to share a little about my experience.

The purpose for the Daniel Fast as a church is to strengthen your serve. But I thought, what does that mean to me? What does the Lord want me to focus on?

I had already been on The Daniel Fast for a week and the sermon that Sunday was about the gaps in your faith. God spoke to my heart that day and I realized that this is what my purpose for the fast should be.  Learning those “gaps” in my faith and “filling” them. God has shown me those areas and I am continuing to work on them. But I have learned so much more while on this journey.

What I’ve learned:
1.       I’ve learned to trust in Him and lean on Him when I was ready to give up.
2.       I’ve learned to be quiet and listen to the Holy Spirit.
3.       I’ve learned to be mindful of what I am putting in my body.
4.       I’ve learned to be mindful of what I am putting in my mind.
5.       I’ve learned how good I feel from this cleansing of my body and soul.
6.       I’ve learned I could lose a few pounds (an added benefit of The Daniel Fast).
 
So stay strong, stay committed, stay in prayer, and watch for what the Lord has to teach you on your journey.  And strengthen your serve!

Now to get my first cup of coffee in three weeks! See ya!

Be encouraged and be blessed,
Audrey Spaulding

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment