Friday, October 4, 2013

The Daniel Fast Day 12 Devotional 10/4/13

Forty Years or Eleven Days?

 "It is eleven days' journey from Horeb by way of Mount Seir to Kadesh Barnea." Deuteronomy 1:2

Without broadcasting my age to the world, let me just say I am "well-seasoned." I've been around a while . . . I'm in those "sage" years of my life.

The best years started when I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior more than 35 years ago. But as I look back over those years, I realize I spent most of them in the wilderness, just like the Israelites. And all the while the Promised Land was only an eleven day journey away!

Only eight or nine years ago did I start learning that because of Christ I can have more than a ticket to heaven! Jesus actually made it possible for me to have a victorious life now! So I started digging into the Word and learning how to appropriate the promises of God that He makes possible for us today.

It took me a while . . . I had to work through feelings of unworthiness and doubt. But as my faith grew

I started asking the Lord for specific needs and He provided! I admit, at first I was shocked! "Wow, Lord! You really do answer prayer!"

Since then I have learned more and more about praying for His will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.

I continue to learn and God continues to be Who He is, the Faithful One. And now I am ready to get radical about every area of my existence. I want my life to be such a powerful testimony for living a Spirit-filled life that people want what I have! Not because of me, but because of Jesus!

The Daniel Fast has served as a powerful wake-up call for me. I don't want to live in the "natural" anymore. I want a "supernatural" life. I won't let the enemy knock me around like before. I am a child of the Most High God and I plan to claim every promise, every protection and every right that my inheritance affords me!
 
We are walking into a new time . . . the world is shaking in many ways. But we must take hold and claim what is ours! We can be consecrated and separate for a season . . . or we can make it the way we live - Spirit-led, victorious and shining examples of the Way of Christ.

We've wandered in the wilderness long enough! The Promised Land is waiting for us. But we have to take the journey to get there. We must know what the Word of God says about us. We must align our lives with God's Way. And we must think, act and speak as Jesus taught us.

Of the 1.5 million Israelites that left Egypt, only two crossed the Jordon and entered into the Promised Land. Of the millions of Christians around the world today, how many will accept the challenge and make their way to the promises and victorious life made possible for us because of the cross? I am determined to be one . . . and I hope as you read these words, you too will commit to the journey. No more wilderness-living for us. We know a better place and we're on our way to the land the Lord gave us! Hallelujah!

Be blessed.
 
(From Daniel-Fast.com by Susan Gregory- Author, Speaker, Christian Life Coach)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment