Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Daniel Fast Day 13 Devotional 10/5/13

Are You Politically Correct?

"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ." Philippians 3:20

We hear a lot about being "politically correct" these days. Much of it is good and some is debatable. But today I am thinking about a different way to be "politically correct."

Throughout the New Testament, we are called to a different way of life . . . a higher calling that is separate from the world. 1 Peter 2:9 tells us, "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." We are members of the Kingdom of God and our politics is that of the Almighty King Jesus.

So with this political structure, are we politically correct? Are we answering the call our Leader has for us? Are we recognizing and living by the Spiritual Laws of this Kingdom?
 
The lesson the Lord showed me in my meditations during the Daniel Fast is that while most of us proclaim Christ, we are not living as fully in Him as we can. Too much of the world distracts us from the glorious life we could have if we were sold out for the Kingdom of God. That doesn't mean we'd be living in monasteries or communes. But it does call us to a life of faith that is different from what we have known before.
 
I have to ask if I truly consider myself a member in a "chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, and His own special people." Or do I feel more like an American or a Washingtonian? Of what nation do I consider my land?

If I were politically correct in the "holy nation" I would have total trust in my King, believing His every Word and following His every lead. My heart would be full of peace and I would make love my aim. I would believe more, worry less and have complete confidence in my future no matter what condition the economy is in or if my circumstances are stretching.
 
For me, I want to be politically correct in the Kingdom to which I am called. I realize even as I write this message that my flesh needs more renewing and my spirit more training. What I know for sure is that I won't hear my King arguing on a campaign platform against His opponent (who is already defeated), nor will I have a vote as to whether something really is or is not politically correct. In the Holy Nation, the King is always right, always fair and always looking out for me! That's the nation I want for my life, my seed, and my seed's seed.

Be blessed.
 

(From Daniel-Fast.com by Susan Gregory- Author, Speaker, Christian Life Coach)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment